On-the-Job Training & Career Services Coordinator – Taif Male Campus – Niagara College KSA – NC KSA
Niagara College, widely regarded as one of Canada’s most innovative applied learning post secondary institutions, has expanded its international reach through four satellite campuses located in Saudi Arabia. With a strategic focus on developing “world-ready and work-ready” graduates, the campuses specialize in delivering a number of diploma programs in the areas of Tourism, Event Management, Hospitality, Business, Occupational Health & Safety, Graphic Design, IT, and a Foundation Program for English language development.
Applicants are invited for the position of Coordinator, OJT & Career Services at Niagara College Saudi Arabia. Reporting to the Associate Manager, Career Services, the Coordinator assists and supports unemployed individuals to obtain suitable employment. The Coordinator administers and interprets a variety of career assessment tools to assist individuals in determining a suitable career/employment goal and to develop a return to work action plan. This position provides services, support and outreach to employers hiring on the job training students, and represents the College externally. This support includes providing comprehensive program knowledge to current and prospective employers, extensive job development activities, such as employer marketing calls to secure job postings, as well as site visits to monitor and assess student progress. Support is provided in person, via email and telephone and via online software tools. The incumbent is responsible for collecting and disseminating labour market information, advising employers and conducting research to identify new employer contacts, professional associations, trends, challenges and opportunities associated with development of on the job training. Additionally, the Coordinator may be called upon to provide support to students by assisting with job search skills or workplace issues.
This position has duration of 12 months, with possibility of renewal, and with a start date of as soon as possible. It is expected that the incumbent be flexible in terms of hours of work and maintain confidentiality, diplomacy and tact regarding internal and external relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Determines service needs by establishing a collaborative relationship with clients thereby helping to identify employment concerns and
– Administers and interpret a variety of assessment tools (personality, aptitude, interest, etc.) to assist clients in determining a suitable employment path
– Collaborates with the client to establish a realistic goal and employment service plan
– Prepares clients for the workplace by exploring job search skills, re-training opportunities, potential for self-employment or accessing other government services
– Manages a client caseload including maintaining appropriate documentation and data of client interactions
– Delivers group workshops to unemployed clients and community organizations
|Job Location:||Altaif, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|