Retail Business Development Manager – Saudi Ceramics Company
Under the leadership of the Chief Commercial Officer, the Retail Business Development
Manager will be responsible to research, identify, analyze, and recommend specific business
opportunities for the profitable growth of the retail business.
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer.
• Participate in the corporate periodic strategy and business planning workshops. This preparation
includes lessons learned, expected financial returns, previous planning period performance (actual vs.
planned) assessment, market assessment, external environment assessment, competitiveness and
positioning assessment, short listed new ideas, emerging trends, and future projections.
• Responsible for the identification of new business opportunities through means of alliances, Joint
Ventures for the best interest of Retail Division.
• Conducting market research to collect data and draw inferences to arrive at decision points,
considering the overall strategic direction of the Retail Division.
• Conducting fully-fledged feasibility studies through the formulation of analyze the opportunity, lead
the communication with prospect partners, and prepare the “Go/Not” decision based on the strategic fit
and alignment of identified partners (including financial due diligence, legal due diligence, ability to
meet the company’s reputation (brand) attributes, ability to repatriate profits, ability to reach MoU
• Assisting the Retail Division in structuring deals in the most effective manner possible
• Preparing detailed proposals for new businesses/ventures including development of feasibility studies
using third parties, where deemed necessary. Submit proposal to the Chief Commercial Officer for
review and approval
• Ensuring that newly identified opportunities are in line with risk management and diversification
• Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality in during the whole cycle of the business opportunity.
• Holding discussions with various stakeholders to obtain buy-in of new business cases
• Presents new opportunities assessment to the Chief Commercial Officer.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports/briefs on strategic initiatives and opportunities.
• Lead and guide subordinates by providing them with technical guidance, training, and the required
growth opportunities to ensure that subordinates are developed for higher-level roles.
Job Minimum Requirement:-
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent. MBA and/or
Professional financial certification will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in the business development/ sales function.
• At least 3-5 years of experience heading the business development function preferably in a
leading retail products company.
• Experience in Ceramics products would be a great plus.2
• Willingness to travel extensively.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|